Ahi Tuna Tartare and Marinated Cucumbers

I've been in a rut lately. I've been so over this diet because I hadn't had a chance to be creative. Being creative on this diet is key! I've been so busy with school that I hadn't had a chance to catch my breath. I've been relying on make ahead meals that I have grown so tired of. I am bound and determined to reach my goal weight this summer so getting creative is going to be the best way to do that.

I love sushi! Not just rolls, but sushi and sashimi too. I've been craving sushi lately so I decided to make an Asian inspired meal and let me tell you, IT WAS DELICIOUS. I was fully satisfied and could hardly wait to eat it! Here's what I did.



Tuna Tartare 

Ingredients
8 oz of Ahi Tuna 
2 Tbsp of Soy Sauce 
2 tsp of Sesame Oil
1/2 tsp of Wasabi Powder
Green Onions for Garnish 

What to do:
  1. Cut the tuna into small chunks and refrigerate until you are ready to eat. 
  2. Combine the rest of the ingredients (except the green onions) together in a bowl. 
  3. Refrigerate the marinade for 30 minutes. 
  4. Mix the tuna and marinade in a bowl and combine with the green onions. 
  5. Enjoy! 

Marinated Cucumbers 

Ingredients 
2 cups of Cucumbers
2 Tbsp of Rice Vinegar 
1 packet of Stevia
Salt 

What to do:
  1. Cut the cucumbers into thin slices. I use a mandolin to get the slices really thin.  
  2. Combine the vinegar and stevia in a bowl. 
  3. Pour the vinegar mixture over the cucumbers. 
  4. Sprinkle salt on the cucumbers. 
  5. Mix together and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. 
  6. Enjoy! 

Happy Dieting! 
-E

Comments

Popular Posts