When a craving stokes though, I have grown accustomed through this diet to make something up that is similar to the food I am craving. If it has similar texture and taste, it satisfies my taste buds and my craving is satiated.
Tonight was one of those nights where I was dying for something that I would eat constantly pre-Ideal Protein. Tonight's flavor craving was ITALIAN. I was seriously dying for some al dente pasta drenched in tomato sauce. I whipped something up that is both Ideal Protein and craving friendly, and most importantly it taste AMAZING if I do say so myself.
Pasta Sauce for One
Tomatoes, chopped (200 grams is one cup)
What to do:
- Chop up tomatoes and basil and garlic (amount depends on your taste).
- Pour the tomatoes and basil in a bowl.
- Salt and pepper the tomatoes and basil. Let it sit while you heat the skillet.
- Heat a skillet and 1 tsp of olive oil to medium heat.
- Once heated, sauté the garlic until it is soft.
- Pour the seasoned tomatoes in the skillet.
- Simmer on medium-low heat for 15-30 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour over zucchini noodles.