I found this awesome and easy recipe on Pinterest when I first started Ideal Protein and it was a god send, but I haven't made it in forever. After seeing many of my Ideal Protein Pals on Instagram posting their cauliflower tortillas, I was inspired to make some again and they were GREAT! My mom loved them and she tends to shy away from my weird foods :).
4 cups of cauliflower
salt and pepper to taste
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Rice the cauliflower in a food processor (or use a cheese grater).
- Pour the riced cauliflower into a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for 2 minutes and stir.
- Microwave for another 2 minutes and stir.
- Pour the cauliflower onto a dish towel.
- Using the dishtowel squeeze the excess water out of the cauliflower.
- Put the dried cauliflower back into the bowl.
- Add the eggs and salt and pepper and stir.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with non stick spray.
- Pour the cauliflower mixture out onto the baking sheet in 4 circles.
- Place in oven for 10 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and turn over. Bake for 10 more minutes.
- Take out of the oven and cool on wire baking sheets.
- Heat a pan with non-stick spray.
- Place the tortillas in the pan to brown them. This makes them crispy and delicious!
- Remove from heat once desired brownness occurs1