This recipe makes two servings and has tomatoes so be mindful because we can only have two servings of tomatoes twice a week!
1 lb of ground beef
1 1/4 tsp of ideal salt
1/4 tsp of black pepper
1/2 tsp of onion powder
2 cups of chopped bell pepper
1 egg (lightly beaten)
8 ounces of diced tomatoes (without juice)
2 tbsp of olive oil
8 ounces of strand tomatoes
1 tsp of brown sugar splenda
1 tbsp of mustard
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Sauté the green peppers in the olive oil until soft, not brown, but a bright green color. They will cook more in the oven.
- Remove peppers from heat and mix all of the ingredients except for the topping in a bowl.
- Place meatloaf mixture in a loaf pan.
- Mix the ingredients for the topping and spread over the meatloaf.
- Bake in the oven for one hour.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!