One thing that I do when I know I'm going somewhere where people are eating food that isn't on protocol, is bring my own food. It was awkward at first, but if you are honest and open about the diet and your intentions, then your friends and family will be understanding. They will be especially understanding when they see how amazing you look after a few short months on the diet!
I love mayo doused potato salad, deviled eggs and egg salad. I have modified a recipe for egg salad that is on protocol and tastes exactly like real egg salad! This recipe is similar to the deviled egg recipe and most of the additions to the salad are a matter of taste.
This recipe serves one and fulfills your 8 ounces of protein and 1 cup of veggies!
4 whole eggs
2 egg whites
Walden Farms mayo
Diced Red onions (1/2 cup--add more if you want!)
Diced Dill Pickles (1/2 cup)
What to do:
- Place your eggs in a pot and heat.
- Once water is boiling, set a timer for 10 minutes.
- While the eggs are boiling, chop the onions and dill pickles and place in a bowl.
- Once the timer is done, remove the eggs from heat and peel the shells.
- Chop the eggs and place in the bowl with the onions and dill pickles.
- Scoop in some Walden Farms mayo and mustard to taste. If it is too sweet (sometimes Walden Farms' products are too sweet) add a little lemon juice.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Stir the egg salad and refrigerate for about 2 hours so the flavors can meld together. Longer if you have time!
- Eat it alone or put it on a lettuce wrap!