Well tonight I decided to step out on a limb, treat myself and make some truffle oil fish in parchment. I bought cod fish and parchment paper for tonight's dish and I was so excited! I could hardly wait for it to come out of the oven...seriously, I was counting down the minutes. Once this baby came out of the oven, I heard angels sing. Not really, but this was so dang, stinking good!
8 oz of fish fillet
2 cups of asparagus
pearl onions (not phase 1 friendly if you eat. I used for flavor.)
1 tsp of truffle infused olive oil
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl cut asparagus into small pieces. Mine were about an inch.
- Peel the pearl onions and garlic.
- Mix the onions and garlic in with the asparagus.
- Pour 1/2 tsp of truffle oil on the vegetables.
- Add salt, pepper and some lemon juice to the vegetables
- Place veggies in the parchment bag.
- Sprinkle the fish filet with salt and pepper.
- Pour 1/2 tsp of truffle oil on top of the fish filet and brush it evenly on top.
- Place the fish on top of the veggies.
- Roll up the parchment bag.
- Bake for 17 minutes.
- Remove from heat.