The first thing to go at family get-togethers, especially Easter lunch, is the deviled eggs. They are so delicious and you can't eat just one. My mom usually makes these and adds mustard, mayo, salt and pepper. She doesn't really keep a recipe, she just adds and tastes. I think that is the best way to do deviled eggs.
For this Easter lunch, I took charge of making the deviled eggs...ideal protein style.
6 hard-boiled eggs
Walden Farms mayo
Paprika (for garnish)
- Fill a pot containing the eggs with water.
- Bring the water to a boil. After the water is boiling, set a timer for 10 minutes.
- Take the eggs out of the water and peel the shell. I run my eggs under cold water while I do this.
- Slice the eggs lengthways and scoop the yolk out into a bowl.
- Mush the yolks into small pieces with the back of a fork.
- Add in the mustard, dijon mustard, mayo, salt and pepper to taste. For a more creamy egg filling, add more mayo.
- Fill the egg whites with the egg filling.
- Garnish with Paprika.
This recipe tastes exactly like regular deviled eggs. Add a little lemon juice if the walden farms mayo is too sweet for your taste (old trick from my mom).
Enjoy! Happy Easter!