Egg Muffin Bliss

I've been doing the Ideal Protein diet for about 4 weeks now. So far I have lost (since my last official weigh in with my coach) a total of 11 pounds. I haven't found this diet particularly difficult because I find that it fits my lifestyle very well. I love to cook and I love finding new recipes or experimenting in the kitchen. I do, however, HATE veggies. I cannot just sit there and eat celery or bell peppers. I have to hide them in delicious food to make sure I am getting my required 4 cups a day.

I have found so many recipes on Pinterest and have modified them to fit the diet requirements, however, this one I made-up with the a little help of recipes similar to it so I could get the temperature and time to cook these babies.

Here is how I made these:

Ingredients:

1/2 cup of spinach
1/2 cup of chopped green onions
1 cup of mushrooms
1 omelet Ideal Protein packet
2 egg whites
salt and pepper to taste

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Sautee a half cup of washed spinach, a cup of washed chopped mushrooms, and a half cup of washed green onions in a pan with olive oil cooking spray.
3. Once the veggies are soft, mix the Ideal Protein omelet packet with 5 ounces of very cold water in the shaker bottle. I also added 2 egg whites to get the "real egg" consistency.
4. Combine the cooked veggies and omelet mix into a bowl.
5. Mix the veggies, omelet mix, and salt and pepper to taste.
6. Spray the muffin tin with olive oil cooking spray and add the egg mixture to the tins.
7. Ladle the veggies evenly into the muffin tin. I did the veggies about a fourth of the way into the muffin tin and my mixture made nine muffins.
8. Pour the remaining egg mixture into the tins evenly until the egg mixture is about 3/4 of the way full.
9. Place in the oven for 15 minutes or until the eggs are cooked through.


10. Take them out and enjoy! Be careful, they are going to be really hot!



- E

Comments

Popular Posts